Due to a power surge in the track circuit system earlier today, Wednesday, January 20, SWR services are significantly delayed, cancellated and disrupted, with ticket acceptance and replacement buses in place.
The severely reduced South Western Railway service running between Woking and Surbiton required alterations to the service:
- A reduced service is running through the Woking area
- Weymouth to Waterloo services will run between Weymouth and Southampton Central, in both directions
- Portsmouth to Waterloo services will divert via Effingham Junction, in both directions
- Salisbury/Exeter to Waterloo services will terminate at Basingstoke
- Due to the disruption, some train crew will be displaced and other services are also subject to short notice cancellation and alteration
Ticket acceptance are:
- Great Western Railway between Basingstoke and Reading, and Reading and Paddington in both directions
- RailAir services between Woking and Guildford in both directions
A replacement bus service runs between Woking and Surbiton, in both directions.
South Western Railway said: “We apologise to passengers for the disruption to their journey today and encourage anyone who needs to travel to check our website for the latest information. Network Rail are working hard to fix the signal issues, but unfortunately we expect disruption for most of the morning. Any passenger who is delayed by 15 minutes or more will be eligible to claim Delay Repay compensation and should check our website for more details.”